I looked down and saw "it." That nasty stomach pooch that makes me look pregnant now and if left alone will eventually make me look like a pear. I had been doing so well. 45 pounds down in 6 months time, actually in 5 months time. And then life happened and I went back to work and can't find time to work out where it isn't taken my time from someone or something else. And then the holidays came: nuff said. But I was going to be good back at the first of the year and then I went back to work and would come home and eat until I made dinner and then I would eat dinner and then I would eat some more. No, I don't know why and if I knew why I probably wouldn't do it.
But seeing "it" today has gotten me really depressed (which of course makes me eat). I don't want to be "that" mom; I want to be "hot" mom. No, not so hot that my son's friends like me, but hot so I don't feel out of place next to all of the other hot moms.
So I am totally stealing my sister's idea: she is my inspiration for this whole thing after all. I am going to be accountable, even if it is to unknown strangers online. I am using Weight Watchers: I will track everyday, every bite, and be responsible for what I eat. I will make time to exercise, even if it is 4:30 in the morning or 10 o'clock at night.
I have NEVER failed at anything: 4.0 in high school; a Master's in Education; excelling at my job; raising 3 sons. I am bigger than my desire to eat and I will win. I have to make change happen.
The goal is to be at 145lbs by my birthday, June 8. I am 45 lbs away. I will need your help and encouragement to keep going. I am not going to wait until Sunday like I always say. Today is shot, but tomorrow is a new day. I am going to make the change.
I am proud of you. You can do it! Janine
ReplyDeleteHey Jill, haven't seen you in a minute (or years) but just wanted to send you a little electronic "pat-on-the-back" and say keep it up, my friend. I have no doubt you'll reach your goal...I speak from knowing you and sitting next to you in class since Kindergarten :-) -Sarah Keeler
ReplyDeleteYay Jill. Wow I am so proud of you. We can both do it together! It has to be our choice. Which do we want more...a chocolate chip cookie or a new outfit because our other clothes are too big? I dotn't know about you but that outfit is going to be around long after the cookie is gone. One day at a time. And if you make a mistake dont't beat yourself up just stop and say ok, I cheated or didnt excerise today, but tomorrow is a new day and I can do this. That is how i am doing it. I am glad to be your sister (and your inspiration) because you have always been mine! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, Jill! I'm trying to lose the last of my baby weight right now, too. As long as I'm exercising AND eating well, it comes off. It's just hard sometimes to fit those both together! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteJill! I just want you to know that I think you are absolutely gorgeous! You amaze me with all that you do. If you ever want to take the boys to the park and walk on the weekends/afternoons I would love to start doing that! I know it is not the best work out but movement is movement right?
ReplyDeleteJill i hope you don't mind me joining your blog. Girl please don't give up. I really admire all that you have done. I start last June and lost 25lbs then came some bad news and then the holidays and guess what almost all of it comes back on. Then this last week I got some bad news from my Doctor that I don't like. I'm like you I get nerves and I want to eat, I get to tried and I eat. Stress will do the same thing for me. I need to take a class that teach healthy eatting on a low budget. BUT girl we are so proud of you for what you have done. We all should be bowing down to you saying well done.
ReplyDeleteDonna
http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/
I love your picture down below all of these post. I didn't see it until I was all done. i love all of those smiles. Keep it up you all.
ReplyDelete